Continuous Line Drawing

Today my group was working from home. We were set a continuous line drawing task, which involved creating an image with one continuous line.

Firstly, the task was to create a greyscale continuous line drawing of a still life. I treated this task more as a warm up to experiment with style and practice the technique. 

Next, I had to draw the same still life, this time using colours. I used red and blue, and purple because it's a  blend of these two. I feel that this piece had more energy than the last one due to the colour.

Then I had to draw a self-portrait. I did most of it greyscale, with my glasses red. This one is my favourite drawing, as I felt that the line application added lots of energy, and the colour balance is good.

The last task was to create a group portrait, but as nobody had their cameras on this was a bit difficult. I did my best regardless.

Overall I enjoyed the continuous line drawing tasks. I used pen to encourage myself not to correct my mistakes, so I wasn't expecting perfection which made it easier to just draw.

Comments